When we experience the death of someone we love, a funeral service fills several important needs.
- Funerals helps us acknowledge that someone we love has died.
- Funerals allow us to say goodbye.
- Funerals offer continuity and hope for the living.
- Funerals provide a support system for us, friends, family members and the community.
- Funerals allow us to reflect on the meaning of life and death.
Find out more about the purpose of funerals and how to plan a meaningful funeral in our “Helping Families” section.